Journey to Thailand
As a reminder Journey to Thailand, an event benefiting Friends of Thai Daughters, is at the Barters Island Community Hall on Thursday, August 21 from 6-8:30PM. The event is sold out.
Auction and Items for Sale
Please scroll down to see images of the wonderful items generously donated to Friends of Thai Daughters. These items will be sold or auctioned at the event. If you were unable to get a ticket or cannot attend the event, please contact us to find out how you can participate in the auction.
1) Original Fine Art Woodblock Prints: The first three images include fine art white line limited edition woodblock prints created by FTD’s own Lek Saruta. Each embossed and numbered print will be professionally matted and framed with UV glass upgrades thanks to Boothbay Harbor Framers. Lek will also be selling cards featuring her original woodblock prints.
2) Images of Thailand: Nick Mace has kindly donated four of his stunning photos of Thailand. Each photo will be matted and framed.
3) Limited Edition, Signed Print: Long-time FTD supporter, artist and creator of FTD’s original logo, Steve Pennisi, has donated a limited edition, signed print, “Low Tide.”
4) Southeast Asian Decor: Mexicali Blues and Kate Horgan have generously donated over $1,500 in exotic decorative pieces from Thailand and other southeast Asian countries.
5) Inn Package: Welch House Inn has donated a gift bag with Welch House granola and coffee, plus an overnight stay and gourmet breakfast for two. See photos below.
Boothbay-based sculptor and musician, Douglas Gimbel, will serve as auctioneer.
Please note: At the event, FTD will only be accepting checks or cash not credit cards.
Journey to Thailand….
Join Friends of Thai Daughters for a scrumptious spread of Northern Thailand’s most wonderful flavors paired with Maine’s fresh vegetables, fruits and meats. Head chef and Sunflower House housemother Mee will be joined by Boothbay region favorite, Liz Evans, to offer up plenty to please your palate. Art by Lek and photographs by Nick Mace will be for sale. Guests will also enjoy Thai music and a short live auction. Thai decor, courtesy of Mexicali Blues, will transform the Barters Island Community Hall to complete the experience.
Journey to Thailand is both a thank you for all of our Friends of Thai Daughters and a celebration of this year’s graduations and all of our daughters’ successes. We hope you can make it.
Additional donations welcome at the door. All proceeds benefit Friends of Thai Daughters.
FTD wishes to thank the following people for making Journey to Thailand possible: Kim and Philippe Villard, Kate Horgan, Mexicali Blues, Liz Evans, Susan Hodder, Doug Gimbel, Steve Pinnisi, Mee, Lek, Pui and the the Barters Island Community Association.