We live and work in agricultural communities. We long to see these communities progress towards equality, sustainability, health and independence.
We built our farm to be a welcoming place where we can model the cultural and community values that we want to flourish and take root in the community.
Sunflower Organic Farm is located in Maechan, a beautiful area north of Chiang Rai. Our farm features a beautiful bamboo and adobe home, organic gardens and orchards, fish ponds, laying hens, a swimming pool and pickleball courts.
Sunflower Farm provides a safe environment for our Daughters as they grow up, jobs for marginalized women, and opportunities for the community to learn, grow and explore.
Our Farm Includes
- Natural building materials
- Permaculture food forest
- Swimming pool
- Fish pond
- Laying hens
- Pickleball/volleyball pavilion
- Sports fields
- Community learning center
Why it is Needed
- Job training
- Employment for at risk women
- Community education/skills development
- Health and wellness training
- Organic food for Daughters and the community
- Clean agriculture and environmental awareness education
- Model our values to the community
- Improve health of community members
- Economic growth
- Improvement in community agriculture skills
- Improvement in gender equality and gender relations
- Safe space for community to interact and learn
- Venue for summer camps, workshops and retreats